Thursday 12 April 2012

After a little random digging....

I was looking through various images on the internet and I came across these two photographs which made me think of the prisms and landscapes - I really liked how they actually looked (which surprised me) and I found their concrete materiality especially relevant to Oscar Neimeyer's works. The images also made me re-think my landscape for my buildings, as currently I'd made my landscape as a pretty stock standard island with forrest, cliffs and lakes and on and on. But thinking about it these concrete buildings look all the more spectacular in the snow...I wonder if I could make a snow landscape/mountain? I do want to but my tall sketch-up model on a mountain top as the shadow it casts is very peculiar...hmmmm...


 The photographs are of The Concrete Church by Walter Maria Förderer






No comments:

Post a Comment